The 'DC Matrix' Feature
The DC Matrix feature allows you to run a DC Matrix, a commonly requested but tricky to create Walmart report. Cantactix MissionControl’s version of the Walmart DC Matrix report supports the following features:
- Viewing current state of store count by DC and item
- Viewing future state of store count by DC and item
- Calculation of change in store count by DC and item
- Highlights and a separate breakout worksheet of critical mass issues (items which are being supplied to fewer than 10 stores at a DC) by DC and item
- Scenarios where multiple DCs can supply a single store (e.g. a DC for high velocity items and a separate DC for slower movers)
- Any number of product fields’ data incorporated to the report, sourced from the modular files
The second step is to create a data file that MissionControl can use to run the DC Matrix report. This is done by filling out your relationship data into a pre-formatted template that the software will be able to read and understand.
When performing this task for the first time, click Data File Setup, which will walk you through creating a blank template file and open it for you in Microsoft Excel. The file contains additional instructions for filling in your data and tips to ensure a successful report. Once your file is completely filled out, return to MissionControl to continue.
If you already have a file you want to use, click the … next to the Data File text box and browse to the file location.
The second step is to add your modular files. Click Add Current Modular Files to Batch to add your modular files that represent the current state. Click Add Future Modular Files to Batch to add your modular files that represent the future state.
The list of current and future state files are stored in MissionControl’s Batch Editor, which can be accessed from the lower left corner of the MissionControl window.
The third step is to select which product fields you want to appear in your report. The information for these fields will be sourced directly from your modular files. Select any field from the dropdown list and click Add Field to add it to the list. If you made a mistake and need to remove a field, select it in the list and click Remove Selected.
UPC and ID are automatically included in the report and do not need to be selected.
When you have made all your choices select Process to run the report. The report will automatically open in Microsoft Excel when finished.
Last update for Version 1.1.4 on December 24, 2018.